Qualifier for these routes!

The following routes were developed over years of biking in Indiana and now Kentucky. The majority of the routes are on rural paved roads with minimal secondary highways to connect the county roads. Using these routes you'll almost always find that the distances between two points is more than taking a highway however the scenery is almost always better as well as lower traffic. Hopefully you'll enjoy the great cycling in Indiana or Kentucky and if possible provide feedback on your trip.
I am not making any recommendations nor can I say that these routes are free from road hazards or dangers from traffic. Users of these routes will find them scenic and remote however only the user can assure they are safe on any public road.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Indiana Puzzle

Hello Charlie
I just wanted to say how grateful I am for all the help you provided on my recent bike tour.  I rode from Evansville, Indiana to my home in Haslett, Michigan.  (crazyguyonabike journal - "Indiana Puzzle")  I used many parts of your Ft. Wayne/Evansville route, and also bought a copy of "Back Roads of Indiana", which was an enormous help when I deviated from your route.  I also found that deviating from the route wasn't always such a great idea, since your routing was often safer and more fun.  What a great resource you've provided for touring cyclists! 
I heard from a woman who's planning a short road trip from South Bend to Noblesville, using back roads and rail-trail.  She's unsure how to route herself on the back roads sections.  I'll be directing her to your website and also recommending she get herself a copy of the book.

Just wanted to let you know - you are doing all of us "slowpoke travelers" a huge favor.  Thanks again, and I wish you smooth roads and tailwinds.

Jan Gagliano
 
 
 

No comments: